Have you experienced a traumatic event? Are you struggling to cope with the aftermath? If so, trauma therapy can help.
At Revive Family Counseling, we offer trauma therapy to help you process your traumatic experiences and heal from the emotional pain. We use a variety of evidence-based techniques, including EMDR and IFS to help you overcome the challenges you are facing.
Trauma Therapy Services
– Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
– Anxiety disorders
– Grief and loss
– Complex trauma
– Military trauma
We believe that everyone deserves to have healthy, happy lives and relationships. That’s why we offer a personalized approach to therapy. We work with you to understand your unique needs and goals. We then create a treatment plan that’s tailored to you.
If you’re ready to start your journey to a healthier, happier life, contact Revive Family Counseling today at 239 329 9264.
What is EMDR?
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a type of psychotherapy that is used to help people heal from traumatic experiences. It is based on the idea that when people experience trauma, their brains become stuck in a state of “fight or flight,” and that EMDR can help them to process the trauma and move on.
During EMDR, the client is asked to focus on a traumatic memory while they move their eyes from side to side. The therapist will also often use other forms of stimulation, such as tapping or audio recordings, to help the client to process the memory.
EMDR has been shown to be effective in treating a variety of mental health conditions, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression. It is a relatively new treatment, but it has quickly become one of the most popular forms of psychotherapy.
If you are interested in learning more about EMDR, you can talk to your therapist or find a therapist who specializes in EMDR. You can also find more information on the EMDR International Association website.
Here are some of the benefits of EMDR therapy:
- It can help people to heal from trauma and PTSD symptoms.
- It is a relatively short-term therapy, with most people seeing results after 8-12 sessions.
- It is a well-researched therapy with a proven track record of success.
- It can be used to treat a variety of mental health conditions.
If you are considering EMDR therapy, it is important to find a qualified therapist who can help you to safely and effectively process your trauma.
What is IFS?
Internal Family Systems (IFS) is a psychotherapy model that views the mind as a system of multiple subpersonalities, or “parts.” Each part has its own unique role, perspective, and memories. IFS posits that all parts have a positive intent, even if their actions are counterproductive or cause dysfunction.
IFS therapy focuses on helping people to understand and heal their wounded parts. This can be done by accessing the Self, which is a core of wisdom and compassion that exists within everyone. From the Self, people can learn to relate to their parts with curiosity and kindness. This helps to create an internal environment where all parts feel safe and valued.
IFS therapy can be used to treat a wide range of mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, trauma, and eating disorders. It can also be helpful for people who are struggling with relationship problems, work stress, and addiction.
Here are some of the key principles of IFS:
- The mind is naturally multiple. Everyone has a system of inner parts.
- Each part has its own unique role, perspective, and memories.
- All parts have a positive intent, even if their actions are counterproductive or cause dysfunction.
- The Self is a core of wisdom and compassion that exists within everyone.
- Healing occurs when people learn to relate to their parts with curiosity and kindness from the Self.
Here are some of the benefits of IFS therapy:
- Increased self-awareness and understanding
- Improved emotional regulation
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Increased resilience and coping skills
- Improved relationships
- Greater life satisfaction
If you are interested in learning more about IFS therapy, you can reach out to us and we would be happy to guide you through it.
Our therapist Kerriann Now, LMHC is highly qualified, EMDR certified and IFS LEVEL 3 trained, and accepting new clients. Call or text 2393299264.